holden motor services logo
024 7664 4866
Opening Hours: Mon to Fri 8.30 - 5.00
Saturday morning - by appointment

We are a VOSA approved MOT Testing Station for Class 4 and Class 7. We can also test large camper vans. MOT's can be carried out whilst you wait.

In the event that your vehicle fails, a free MOT re-test is offered within 10 working days of the original test.

Class 4 MOT Covers

  • 3-wheeled vehicles (over 450 kg unladen weight)
  • Cars (up to 8 passenger seats)
  • Motor caravans
  • Dual purpose vehicles
  • Private hire and public service vehicles (up to 8 seats)
  • Ambulances and taxis
  • Private passenger vehicles and ambulances (9 to 12 passenger seats)
  • Goods vehicles (up to 3000 kg design gross weight)
  • Class 4a - Class 4 vehicles (9 to 12 passenger seats) with a seat belt installation check

Class 7 MOT Covers

  • Goods vechicles (over 3000 kg up to 3500 kg design gross weight)

The MOT Test

The MOT test checks that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards.

You must get an MOT for yourvehicle by either:

  • the third anniversary of the registration
  • the anniversary of its last MOT, if its over 3 years old

You can be fined up to £1000 for driving a vehicle without a valid MOT.

An MOT lasts for a year. The data it runs out is printed on the last past certificate.

You can get an MOT up to a month (minus a day) before it runs out and keep the same renewal date.

You can get an MOT earlier, but the MOT renewal date for the following year will be different.

You can't drive your vehicle on the road if the MOT has run out. You can be prosecuted if caught. The only exceptions are to drive it:

  • to or from somewhere to be repaired
  • to a pre-arranged MOT test

You must use an approved MOT test centre to get your MOT. Only centres showing the blue sign with 3 white triangles can carry out your MOT.

During the MOT, important parts on your vehicle will be checked to make sure that they meet reuired standards.

Your vehicle can either pass or fail the MOT. If it fails you'll get a list of things that need to be fixed.

If your vehicle passes the MOT:

  • you'll get an MOT certificare from the test centre
  • it will be recorded in the MOT database

The MOT certificate will show the mileage recorded at the current and previous 3 test centres. This is shown as the 'odometer reading and history'.

If your vehicle fails the MOT:

  • you'll get a 'refusal of an MOT test certificate' from the test centre
  • it will be recorded in the MOT database

Driving a Vehicle That's Failed

You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.

If your MOT has run out, you can take your vehicle to:

  • have the failed defects fixed
  • a pre-arranged MOT test appointment

In both case, your vehicle still needs to meet the minimum standards of roadworthiness at all times or you can be fined.

You can appeal the result of the test if you think its wrong. Information on how to do this and further information about the MOT test and procedures can be found at www.gov.uk.